Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Later

http://news.aol.com/article/jet-crash-widower-begs-for-help-coping/271568

I just read this article and it left me on the verge of tears. This man kissed his wife goodbye and left the house and hours later she was killed, along with his daughters and mother-in-law, when a plane crashed into their home.

My heart goes out to this man as he struggles to pick up the pieces of his life...

How often do we say "see you later" and rush off without a thought that later may not come for one of us? I've been called sentimental, emotional, mushy - but I treat every day like a gift and a new chance to love the one I am with. I don't let a day pass without letting him know that I care, that I love him, that I appreciate him in my life. Because in a few hours, "later", I may not be able to say it.

Sadly we often don't realize what we have until it's gone. My grandmother says people act like they "have tomorrow put down". It's not promised, by no means. We need to live so we leave a legacy of love when we are gone...of kindness and generosity so even the memory of our lives will be a blessing. And we need to live for the world to come, because when "later" is too late, we want to be sure we are in the right place when all is said and done.

No comments: