Saturday, March 21, 2009

Searching

It's been a while since I wrote anything...not for lack of having anything to say, but for lack of focus. My mind is running in so many directions, and in some ways I am so sure of where I am going, but in others, so utterly confused. Time without work has forced me to work on myself. And I see there is so much left to be done. So often we think we've "arrived", but don't be fooled. I've come to realize that it's not about where you are going, but how you get there.

So we are in this time of Lent, and so often we give up this or that, in hopes of becoming more spiritually sound in the process. But instead of deprivation, I've chosen to engorge myself. I am hungry, thirsty, craving for love, for life, for all things good. And I'm searching for that "something" I can do to bring my purpose on this earth to life.

There are yokes to break, and prayers to be said, love to give and a life to live...I am holding on to it dearly. What I have; what we have - it is so precious. Too often we get stuck in the little things and lose our way in the pursuit of happiness. But happiness is not a place; it's an attitude.

Be happy. I know I will. I don't really have anything else to say.

No comments: