Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Better now than never

I've been toying with the idea of wiriting. What? I don't know. Poetry, a book, devotionals. Who knows. I haven't worked that out yet.

This past Sunday I stayed home and I watched me some church on TV. I tellya..that TV church sometimes is the best! I listened to a man talk about his life and his blessings, and the many times he stepped out on faith and sacrificed a little, with belief, to be blessed abundantly in the end.

There is a seed in me that is starving for the water of release. I believe there is self-watering seed in all of us. Sometimes we need a push, or some encouragement. But I believe the very thing that consumes us, or the thing that nags us - if we give in to it and let it live in us and thrive, it feeds itself and produces fruit, the sweetness of which is beyond our imagination. I don't know if I'll make any money, or end up on Oprah, but I know this. I will have the satisfaction of pursuit of a dream. Pursuit beats stagnation and complacency any day, even when success is not attained.

The problem with me is that I am the kind of person who doesn't want the spotlight. And like Job, I sometimes question why I was made this way. With this creative gene that has taken me from music to art to dance to poetry...all these things lay dormant in me and I feel the heat buidling inside...I can't take the heat.

It is time...time to do something. Better now than never.

No comments: